The Commute 2014, May 31st – June 1st
The Commute is a 50 mile, 24-hour endurance walk from downtown San Jose to downtown San Francisco along historic Route 82 (The Alameda, El Camino Real and Mission Street).
Starting in the morning, participants spend one full day walking through and experiencing the communities that we often drive past in the rush of our daily commutes. Traveling this easily drivable distance at a human pace is a unique physical and mental challenge. Completing the walk is equally as rewarding: it’s a big accomplishment which earns you major bragging rights and a glimpse of the power of your determination.
Our mission is to assist people as they make this trek by helping them to train and prepare and by providing active support and encouragement along the way.
Are you ready to walk The Commute?
Here’s how you get started:
- Check out the Training Schedule. There’s still time to get some practice in before the walk.
- Read our tips on Hydration. You need to keep your body well hydrated to go the distance and recover well.
- Learn a bit about Injury Prevention. Keep yourself from getting hurt and you’ll have a happy walk.
- Learn more about the event by reading the FAQ.
- Have a question? Feel free to ask us. We’re super nice!
Not sure if you’re ready to walk? Please lend us a hand and volunteer!
100% The money we ask for registration goes right back into the event: food, drinks, supplies, and gear. While we’re still a small group we rely on the kindness of big-hearted family, friends, and like-minded individuals to make this walk a reality for our participants.
If you have a few hours to spare on May 30th, May 31st, or June 1st, please come out and support The Commute 2014. Volunteer Here.
We hope to see you out there!